The objective of the BGS Procedure for Shutdown is to ensure parents and guardians know what to do in the event BGS is closed in relation to the COVID-19 issue.
If a member of the BGS community tests positive to COVID-19, the Headmaster or delegate will contact Queensland Health. BGS will then follow Queensland Health directions.
If the School is instructed to close, the following process will be followed:
- Parents/guardians will receive a text message AND email. The closure information will also be distributed via the BGS App and published on the BGS website COVID-19 Advice page.
- If the closure directive occurs during school hours, parents/guardians will need to come to the School as directed to collect their sons. In cases where parents are unable to collect their sons in a timely manner as instructed, those remaining students will be supervised until parents/guardians arrive.
- Students are to take all possessions – including their tablets – home.
- If the closure directive occurs outside school hours, parents/guardians are to keep their sons at home.
- Parents/guardians of boarding students will need to implement arrangements to have their sons collected. Additional information will be communicated to boarding parents.
- The BGS community will be kept updated regularly via email and the COVID-19 Advice page on the BGS website.
Learning will continue remotely following the BGS Curriculum Continuity Plan.
Should a parent, guardian or student test positive to COVID-19 while BGS is closed, please advise the School immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org or the BGS Health Centre on 07 3834 5222.