This year the BGS Old Boys' Association is proud to invite the community to celebrate and be entertained by those of us who followed their dreams and forged careers in the music industry.
BGS has long had a fantastic music program and no doubt many of us dreamed of one day playing to rooms full of cheering fans. While some pursued this, many never got past the recorder and were left wondering what could have been.
Competing in the inaugural Band Battle '19 are:
- Deafadders – Bryan McLennan ’61
- Pryde Creek – Fletcher Cole, Harry Powell, Will Mather, Ryan Clayden-Zabik and Isaac Povey (all peer year ’15)
- Kolchak – Bruce Carrick ’78
- With Blue – Jarryd Pollock, Will Fenwick, Tom Fitzgerald, and Corbin Redburn (all peer year ’15)
- The Chordites – Bryce Lawrence ’80 and Paul Prendergast ’95
- The John Statham Band – John Statham ’78
Bands will be playing for:
- A day in Airlock Recording Studios with Ian Haug ’87 from Powderfinger and The Church
- The opportunity to have your recorded song streamed via GYROstream thanks to Andy Wilson ’79
- Cheers and beers!
If you and your band are interested in nominating, please call Cameron Feltham ’86 on
0400 585 937 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For music fans, this is a night not to be missed as you get to catch up with old school friends, support and cheer on some amazing bands and mingle with our Old Boy rock stars.Tickets are available now via www.oztix.com.au.
All members of the BGS community, family and friends are welcome to attend this event.
Note - this is a strictly 18+ event.