BGS has a longstanding partnership with ANZ Bank that dates back to the School's first days of operation in January 1869, when ANZ was originally known as the Union Bank of Australia. A bank book showing deposits and withdrawals was selected at one of BGS’ 150 Treasures.
The small bank book dates from January 1869 when the original School at Roma Street opened its doors to students. Titled 'The Treasurer of the Brisbane Grammar School', the first handwritten entry was a deposit of four guineas on 19 January. The entries illustrate the day-to-day business of the School relating to Trustees, staff and parents of students over a six-year period up to 1875.
ANZ Bank is the gold sponsor for the School's year-long BGS150 celebrations.