Get your tickets now for The Jam – Band Battle '19
Calling all music fans! The guitar licks will be hot, the beer will be cold, and you're sure to be transported to a time when you had more hair! This is a night likely to go down in history as one of the best, most raucous and rocking Old Boy events. Catch up with old school friends, support and cheer on some amazing bands and mingle with our Old Boy rock stars at iconic music venue The Triffid, owned and operated by Old Boy John Collins '87 from Powderfinger.
This event at The Triffid is open to the wider community, so bring your friends and family.
The Old Boy bands have been chosen and the competition for the title of Best Old Boy Band will no doubt lead to some superlative performances. Old Boys from the 1960s to today are represented in this band battle, so you're sure to recognise (and enjoy) some of the music.
Bands currently practising their moves like Jagger include:
- Deafadders – Bryan McLennan '61
- Pryde Creek – Fletcher Cole, Harry Powell, Will Mather, Ryan Clayden-Zabik and Isaac Povey (all peer year '15)
- Kolchak – Bruce Carrick '78
- With Blue – Jarryd Pollock, Will Fenwick, Tom Fitzgerald, and Corbin Redburn (all peer year '15)
- The Chordites – Bryce Lawrence '80 and Paul Prendergast '95
- The John Statham Band – John Statham '78
Bands will be vying for:
- A day in Airlock Recording Studios with Ian Haug '87 from Powderfinger and The Church
- The opportunity to have your recorded song streamed via GYROstream thanks to Andy Wilson '79
- Cheers and beers!
Platinum tickets with access to the mezzanine and three hours of food and drinks are almost sold out.
Tickets are available now via www.oztix.com.au.
- General admission tickets: $30
- Platinum tickets including three-hour food and drink package: $100
All members of the BGS community, family and friends are welcome to attend this event.
Note - this is a strictly 18+ event.