• 099
    Lilley Memorial Tablet

    ​​​This bronze Memorial Tablet to Sir Charles Lilley, dated 1899, was designed by renowned architect Robin Dods, an Old Boy (BGS 1881-1886) The Latin inscription on the tablet reads:

    The first found​ations of this building were laid in the year 1880 by Sir Charles Lilley, who was for a long time Chief Justice of this province, and who in those days enjoyed a high reputation in the conduct of public affairs. In view of his outstanding efforts for the foundation of this School and the way in which, as a trustee, he assisted it after its foundation with many gifts and wise counsel, the Trustees set up this tablet in his memory in the year 1898​.