• 105
    Tuckshop circa 1955

    ​This photograph shows students buying food from the verandah of the School’s tuckshop circa 1955. The cottage was built in 1881 as a home for the School's Janitor/Messenger, George Rilatt (Rylatt). It cost £250 to construct and George started the school's first tuck-shop from its front rooms. The building survived until a new tuckshop was constructed in 1960, which was later demolished to make way for the Centenary Library.​