The World War II Honour Board on the western wall of the Great Hall pays tribute to all the Old Boys who served in the armed forces from 1939-1945. The maple honour board was erected by the Old Boys’ Association to a design by Old Boy architect Dean Prangley (BGS 1934-1935). It was officially unveiled on Foundation Day 1949 by Lieutenant General the Honourable Sir John Lavarack, Governor of Queensland. There are more than 2400 Old Boy veterans listed on the honour board. The original honour board was replaced in 2015 as the wood had deteriorated.