This plaque is particularly significant because it recognises the School's most generous benefactor to date. Old Boy Frank Walker (BGS 1893-1897) donated funds for a gymnasium, which was opened on 27 October 1953 by Lieutenant General the Honourable Sir John Lavarack, Governor of Queensland, (BGS 1899-1904). The plaque still hangs in the former gym, now the Centre for Art. Frank Walker also helped fund the construction of the World War II Memorial Swimming pool, now demolished, which was opened in 1954 by Sir John Lavarack. The pool served as a memorial to those Old Boys who died on active service during World War II.