• 027
    A. Brooks ink drawing of the bellcote

    ​​​​Based on this ink drawing, Arnold Edwin Brooks designed the bellcote as a memorial to George Rilatt, the School Janitor, nicknamed the 'ringer of bells'. A bellcote is a small gable or turret designed to hang bells in buildings with no tower or belfry. Erected in 1928 on the Administration Centre wall facing the Newell Courtyard, the bellcote's design and manufacture were funded by the Old Boys.

    Rilatt has been the longest serving BGS staff member to date, working at the School for 52 years from 1872 until his death in 1924.