• 071
    Deed of Grant 1878

    Dated 8 April 1878, this beautifully handwritten Deed of Grant details the size, location and conditions of use for land transferred to the Board of Trustees for the new Spring Hill School building. The School’s hilltop position overlooking the city was admired by the local press: ‘…for salubrity and picturesqueness the situation could scarcely be surpassed’. The School, originally established at Roma Street in 1868, was forced to relocate to Spring Hill following the expansion of the railway network.​​​​