• 087
    Memorial Bellcote

    ​​The Memorial Bellcote is a familiar landmark in the western wall of the Newall Courtyard. It was erected in 1928 to commemorate George Rilatt, ‘one of the most colourful characters associated with BGS…who for fifty-one years acted as janitor, guardian of tuck-shop, ringer of bells, distributor of pen-nibs, general manager, major-domo, benevolent autocrat, staunch friend’. (from George Carson-Cooling, Here’s a Villain, p. 222​