Home-based Learning Parent Handbook
From the Headmaster
Members of the Senior Leadership Team have produced this digital handbook to support parents during this current period of home-based learning.
Brisbane Grammar School remains committed to ensuring the physical, intellectual and emotional wellbeing of our students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The School has needed to respond to this current situation with speed, meaning we have not had the lead-in time we were afforded in 2020. Therefore, it is important that teachers, students, and parents openly communicate to share ideas, successes, challenges, and problems.
I am confident that we will navigate this current challenge with resilience, collaboration, compassion and optimism, and emerge with the same strong community spirit that has always been the hallmark of Brisbane Grammar School.
We know that normalcy in times of stress is important. Continuity of learning, wellbeing and social connection for our boys remains our priority.
For more information, please see below.
- Overview: What is the BGS Curriculum Continuity Plan?
- How can parents support their son’s learning at home?
- What are the BGS learning expectations for students during this period of home-based learning?
- What are the School’s designated IT platforms and how will access and use be managed?
- What are the School’s protocols for online engagement?
- How will BGS manage assessment?
- How will my son’s daily timetable be structured?
- What adjustments will made to the Year 12 educational program?
- How will the School seek to communicate with parents?
- Who do I contact if I wish to ask a question or there is an issue with my son’s learning?
- Who can my son contact if he has a question/concern or he has an issue with his learning?
- What is the School doing to ensure cybersafety during this period of home-based learning?
- What will the School be doing to support student wellbeing during home-based learning?
- What will the School be doing to make cocurricular activities available for my son?