Congratulations to Stella Gardner who was announced the winner of the 2023 Australian Education Award for Best Primary School Teacher (Non-Government) in Sydney on Friday 11th August.
This award recognises the most outstanding non-government primary school teacher in an Australian school. Nominees from across the country were shortlisted to a final group of 8, and the winner was chosen by a panel of educational leaders and academics from across the country. Stella was judged to excel beyond all others in the following criteria:
1. Consistently high standards of teaching
2. Innovation in developing students and supporting their learning
3. Commitment to professional development and collaboration with colleagues to address student learning needs
4. Engagement with parents and the wider school community
Stella has been a member of the teaching staff at BGS for nearly 25 years and currently serves as a Year 5 Middle School Core Teacher and Pedagogical Coach. She is extensively involved in school life and is warmly regarded and respected in our community for her nurturing of our youngest students, her support for and mentoring of staff, and her innovative pedagogical approach. We join in congratulating Stella for achieving this much-deserved and most prestigious award.
- In pursuit of excellence - feature