Enrol at BGS
Click here to enrol online for Years 5, 7 or 10.
For entry in Years 6, 8, 9 or 11, or for entry into any year level within the next three years, please contact the Enrolments Office prior to lodging an application.
Completion of online enrolment applications requires payment of a non-refundable application fee of AUD$500 (GST inclusive) by credit card only. To pay by alternative methods, please download the Enrolment Information Booklet and return the completed application form to the School.
Successful lodgement of an online application will be acknowledged by email. Once an application has been received and processed by the School, a receipt for payment will be issued with a letter advising if the applicant has been placed on the enrolment list or the waiting list.
Please contact the Enrolments Office for assistance with any aspect of the enrolment process.
After the School receives a completed application form and the non-refundable application fee, your son's name will be placed either on the enrolment list or the waiting list. The process for allocating applicants to each of these lists is explained below under Year 5 Entry and Year 7 Entry.
Please contact the Enrolments Office prior to lodging an application if you are:
- enrolling for the current year, or for any of the next three years;
- enrolling outside the main entry points of Years 5, 7 and 10; or
- applying to enrol an overseas student – please also visit the Overseas Students section.
Enrolment and Waiting Lists
Applicants are allocated places on the enrolment list in the order applications are received. However, the School reserves the right to allocate additional places on the enrolment list at its discretion in special circumstances. In recent years, the School has been able to offer places to a number of applicants on the waiting list for Years 5 and 7 entry each year.
The School may at times request further information about the prospective student, including school records and reports and evidence of outside interests and activities. In some instances the School may also require prospective students to undergo testing and/or attend interviews.
The decision whether to make an offer of enrolment is ultimately at the sole discretion of the Headmaster.
Brisbane Grammar School has a proud tradition of boarding and is committed to providing opportunities for students from across Australia and overseas to benefit from a BGS education. Boarding is available at all year levels.
Boarders are no longer exclusively from remote or international communities – occasional and short-term boarding options allow day boys to experience life as a boarder and benefit from the enrichment programs.
Brisbane Grammar School welcomes applications from overseas students. Please visit the Overseas Students section for full details on how to apply.
- What is the difference between the enrolment list and the waiting list?
- My son is on the waiting list. What happens next?
- What is the waiting list review?
- How many places are offered from the waiting list review?
- My son is on the enrolment list. What happens next?
- What can I do to give my son the best chance to receive an offer from BGS?
- I am looking for 2022 entry. Am I too late?
- My son is on the waiting list for Year 5 or Year 7 entry in 2023. What happens next?