A culture of excellence challenges boys to achieve their individual best.
Brisbane Grammar School educates boys within a strong learning culture that is innovative yet respectful of its traditions, by nurturing their intellectual, physical and emotional wellbeing to become thoughtful and confident men of character who contribute to their communities.
Brisbane Grammar School aspires to be the best school for boys in Australia, and an international leader in teaching and learning. The School is committed to offering premium educational and leadership opportunities for boys of all backgrounds, strengthening its global connections, and building a vibrant school community among students, parents, staff, Old Boys and the broader society.
Our Educational Philosophy and Major Goals
The School is committed to a liberal education philosophy. Our major goals for each boy are:
- to develop attitudes, skills, and a base of knowledge as a foundation for critical intelligence, imaginative and creative powers, effective communication and the capacity and enthusiasm for independent, lifelong learning;
- to develop and extend personal character traits and talents; and
- to develop a strong sense of service, community, leadership and loyalty to others.
To achieve these goals, the School seeks to provide:
- a broad and balanced academic curriculum in which each boy is challenged to do his best;
- highly competent teaching staff who are committed to the School's purpose;
- a disciplined and supportive environment for learning;
- a broad program of cultural, intellectual, sporting and other outdoor activities; and
- sporting activities where boys are encouraged to strive for success, but always within the finest traditions of sportsmanship.
As the education and personal development of each boy is a responsibility shared between the School and the home, the School promotes effective communication with families.
Click here to view the Brisbane Grammar School Strategic Plan 2018 – 2022.